The leaderboard is a segmented system, split into Leagues and it's respectable Divisions.
There are 5 leagues:
- Silver League - Entry level league, most new players will be in silver league once they start ranking. Bottom 40% of the players' pool will be in this league.
- Gold League - After progressing through the Silver League, you'll land on Gold League at one point. Next 30% of the player pool.
- Platinum League - Same as Gold, after more progress, you'll end up on Platinum League. Once you reach this league, that's already a huge success in a competitive manner. Next 20% of the player pool.
- Diamond League - Late-game league, It will take some time to get to here, and the competition will get preety though at this point. Top 10% of the players in the world (not counting the Championship Leagues' top 50) .
- Champions League - End-game league, top 50 players of the world are competing here.
The Division system is encapsulated in Leagues , and is split in 50-player pools per division. This means that every player will be put in a division of random 50 players from the same League, and You'll compete for #1 place with them.
It's also important to mention, in order to prevent manipulations by buying in-game stuff with actual money, which will help you progress much faster, and therefore quickly ranking up, the leaderboard league status is refreshed on a 10-day basis (after the initial Season 0 - 30 days and Season 1 - 15 days), right after the Hora Token distribution. This prevents people from actually buying their place in the leaderboard right before the distribution, and thus making unnatural jumps in the leaderboard (skipping 2 leagues, etc.) .
You can also read about the leaderboard and it's Hora token ties on our dedicated Medium post here: https://medium.com/@horagames/leaderboard-and-hora-token-distribution-system-in-crypto-idle-miner-2fb0bac6498a